I’m sitting at home blogging when I should be at Cake Decorating Class with my 9 yr old. It was one of those things wherein I counted the number of vehicles we own. I counted the number of people needing to be places. I plugged those numbers into the equation and it came out perfect. But as usual, math hates me. What I hadn’t factored in was the number of keys per car per person. The car left for me to drive is, apparently, the only car we own that has just 1 key, which Eric has because he’s the only one at the moment that drives it, and Eric is attending his first day of class at the BSN program an hour away. Life Happens. This we know. Adrienne and I have accepted our fate and moved on.
Here are my 9 Principle of The Knit (in no particular order):
1. Some days Knit will go all wonky. Like having teenagers-it likes to mess with you.
2. But that’s okay, cuz Knit is totally worth it
3. Knit creates something that can outlive us.
4. Knit is cheaper than cigars. My husband can smoke a $15 cigar and an hour later have nothing to show for it.
5. It makes me feel brilliant even though I know 6 yr old children can do it.
6. I’ll never run out of new things to knit.
7. Knit keeps my hands busy, and is therefore a great dieting tool.
8. Knit creates more brain cells. Or helps me keep the ones I have.
9. Knit is portable as opposed to roadside chainsaw wood carving which really isn’t.
Oh and BTW-Yesterday I was watching the end of a cheesy Hallmark movie simply because I love John Larroquette, and suddenly there he was, sitting, talking with his wife, KNITTING.
***Don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list; first newsletter comes out next week including info. on fun things to come!
laugh. dance. learn. create. knit.